Jeffrey is a forensic accountant with over 20 years’ experience. He has an expertise in working on complex business disputes, with particular focus on the accounting, financial, economic and commercial components. His specialities include forensic investigations, litigation support, contentious valuations and dispute resolution, covering civil, criminal and regulatory cases.
Jeffrey has acted as an expert witness in more than 500 actions. He has appeared and given oral evidence in court and at tribunals on 48 separate occasions, at both a UK and international level. He writes articles regularly and presents papers at seminars, conferences and workshops. He has provided extensive insight on subjects such as financial assessment of damages, valuations, money laundering, fraud, bribery and whistleblowing.
Jeffrey is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales where he has served on the Steering Committee of the Litigation Support Group of the General Practitioners Board. He sits on the panel of the President’s Appointments Scheme for valuers, arbitrators and adjudicators, and is a member of the Academy of Experts, and a CEDR accredited mediator.
The majority of the cases that Jeffrey handles are international and multi-jurisdictional in scope, and he has particular experience in expert appointments and investigations in CIS, the Middle East and Africa.
• Jeffrey manages a practice involving approximately 60 cases each year across the whole range of civil, regulatory and criminal jurisdictions. Cases commonly involve analysing and modelling complex financial scenarios; reporting on loss and damage; valuations and investigating financial and other misconduct across the corporate and regulatory landscape;
• Instructed as the expert in a shareholder dispute action involving competing Oligarchs;
• Instructed as the expert in an international arbitration concerning a mining joint venture;
• Instructed as the expert in an arbitration concerning breach of contract involving a shipping line;
• Instructed as the expert in the valuation of an international bank in a ruination claim;
• Instructed as the expert in measuring the loss of profits and valuing the diminution in the value of an international transport company wrongly liquidated by UK regulator;
• Appointed to investigate allegations of bribery and corruption in an international pharma company.